About adMare BioInnovations:
adMare BioInnovations is a pan-Canadian enterprise with global reach, changing the landscape of the life sciences ecosystem from sea to sea. We do this by sourcing the most therapeutically and commercially promising research from leading academic and biotech partners to create new companies of scale, providing specialized expertise and infrastructure to help existing companies scale up, and driving the growth of those companies into Canadian anchors by training the next generation of highly-qualified personnel.
We are seeking a passionate Senior Technician Molecular Biology who will be responsible for supporting therapeutic development of biologics across a broad spectrum of adMare projects. The Senior Technician is expected to perform molecular, biochemical and cell-based experiments under supervision and independently. The individual in this role will contribute to collaborative research and conduct experiments in a team-oriented, environment.
- Responsible for cloning, expression and purification of antibodies, antigens and other proteins, and maintains and keep in house databases up to date.
- Develops and evaluates conjugation methods of antibodies and proteins to enable targeted radiotherapy.
- Generates transient and stable protein expressing cell lines.
- Aid in purification and characterization of proteins using AKTA purification systems.
- Oversee junior lab staff and co-op students.
- Prepares reports and technical presentations for internal and external use.
- Prepares, reviews and updates laboratory procedures as required.
- Coordinates required periodic maintenance of molecular biology laboratory instruments, flow cytometers and analytical equipment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Immunology, Molecular biology, Biochemistry or similar discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in molecular cloning, cDNA synthesis, primer design, construct design.
- Knowledge of molecular biology and bioinformatics software.
- Experience with antibody analysis is an asset.
- Experience in protein expression, purification and characterization using AKTA purification systems.
- Protein conjugation experience is an asset.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently and organize experimental plans and protocols.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, solve problems and ensure objectives and internal timelines are met.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative team environment.
- Troubleshooting, multi-tasking and ability to take initiative will be highly valued.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
At adMare we are driven by our vision and united by our shared values of Courage, Collaboration, Objectivity, Judgment, Excellence, and Reach.
We are committed to growing the talent and potential of our people to drive the development of innovations. We provide a community where you can work with multidisciplinary individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities through the array of development programs we offer our employees.
adMare is a diverse community where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for the experience and unique perspectives they bring.
Be a part of life at adMare. Join our team!